Monday, January 31, 2011

Blog Drawing #1

Next Monday, February 7th, I will draw a name from all my blog followers who have left comments the previous week. Each comment warrants one entry.  This week's winner will get a copy of Beth Moore's book, So Long Insecurity.

I picked this book up after reading Beth Moore's Bible study on the book of Daniel.  I started the study with a group of ladies at Grace Evangelical Church and would love to have continued, but I was overwhelmed by orders for saint costumes and had to drop out. I continued the study on my own and was truly blessed.

If you haven't watched Beth Moore's Bible studies on DVD and you have the chance - DO IT!  You won't be disappointed.  I've just purchased her study on the book of Esther from Ebay and am looking forward to starting today.

As for this book, all I can say is, "It's about time!"
Beth Moore does a fantastic job of addressing the causes of insecurity in men and women.  I have taken notes and highlighted numerous pages.  In fact, I am on my way to town (before the ice gets worse) to get another set of highlighters - it's that good!

Here's one quote of  many that spoke to me:  "Are we honestly going to insist on drawing our security from people - men or women - who are oblivious to the inordinate amount of weight we give to their estimation of us?"

I just had this discussion with my girls last week.  People are so preoccupied with their own problems and schedules, they don't have time to spend sitting around wondering what you are doing and why you are doing it.  You may get a quick thought from someone now and then, but they aren't focused on your clothes, or your hairstyle, or why you were jumping up and down during a praise song.  They're focused on their clothes, and their hair, and they may be wishing they were secure enough to express themselves during the praise songs the way you do!!!

All of us are insecure, some more than others, but it touches all of us.  If our insecurity prevents us from living a Spirit-filled life, we need help.  You'll find it in this book!

Blessings to you and yours,
Debbie

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh! You'll LOVE Esther. I did it in the reverse order and am finding Daniel absolutely fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! I read a Max Lucado comment once that said something to the effect of 'everyone will disappoint you sooner or later...only God won't'. Powerful.

    And I would love to follow the Esther book with you. I have been wanting to pick that book up. Perhaps an online book study group???? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am looking forward to reading and discussing So Long Insecurity.

    ReplyDelete